SNHA is always interested in candidates of intellect with curiosity and a passion for architecture. We offer a creative and diverse studio environment and a commitment to developing the next generation of superior architectsdesigners.
If you are interested in working in our Chicago or London office, then submit a cover letter together with your resume and portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com.
General – Designers and Architects
We are actively seeking top talent, even when we are not seeking to fill specific positions. We encourage interested candidates to submit their qualifications. Every application is reviewed and kept on file to be considered for future positions.
Please note due to the volume of applications received, we appreciate your patience in allowing for an appropriate response to your inquiry.
Sheehan Nagle Hartray Associates is seeking a professional and experienced individual to fill the role of BIM coordinator with the ability to assist with office-wide information technology tasks.
The BIM coordinator acts as a technical hub in the BIM process from project kick-off to the final close-out of a project, facilitating the coordination efforts among the entire project team, both internally and with external consultants. In an exclusive BIM environment, BIM coordinator will be working alongside the director and/or the associate in charge of implementing the SNHA Datacentre BIM and architectural standards.
In addition, the successful applicant will be able to contribute to the integrity of all computer workstations, mobile device and general tech associated with the design and office software, coordinating and directing the work of external IT consultants or offering hands-on IT support when needed.
BIM coordination responsibilities:
- liaise closely with the associates and project lead in the design development of the scheme with regular interim meetings
- assist in the coordination efforts of the entire project team including external disciplines and contractors within BIM environment
- be the ‘go-to-person’ for ‘how to’ and project troubleshooting in Autodesk Revit and its associated apps, add-ins and utilities
- coordinate and upload the full architectural delivery at major deliverables milestones to project technology platforms such as BIM360, Newforma or SharePoint
- check models for consistency, make proposals for model adjustments and discuss with the team and relevant consultants. Weekly model audits
- monitor the implementation of possible adjustments to the models in order to optimise workflows. Undertake clash detection exercises as required
- use advanced tools such as Navisworks/BIM360/Glue360 for project collaboration across multiple disciplines in a BIM environment
- combine the federated model, merging various disciplines involved in the construction process, using certain protocols, programmes and structure
- ensure compliance with Project BIM execution plans and BIM EIRs
- assist with the team in installation, configuration and ongoing usability of company Oculus headset and Enscape software when needed
- help the BIM manager and project leads to develop and run Dynamo scripts
- represent the company in BIM conferences and events
IT tech responsibilities:
- liaising with IT personnel where necessary
- proficient in Autodesk Revit
- competent in the creation of Revit families
- advanced understanding of Revit troubleshooting
- fluent with BIM360 design (doc management and design collaboration)
- ideate add-ins (BIMLink and Explorer) is a plus
- Dynamo skills are a plus
- multi-tasker who can handle a fast-paced environment, while maintaining an emphasis on detail and quality
- experience and background in the architectural or engineering industry is a plus
- effectively communicate and work with every level of employee from general end-users to high-level managers and directors
To be suitable for this role you must have:
- architecture or architectural technologist degree or another engineering background
- Revit modelling experience and in-depth knowledge
- all round knowledge of construction/architecture industry and processes
- excellent all round technical knowledge in particular Revit and Navisworks
The position is open to UK-based applicants only, who have prior experience working in the architecture, engineering or construction businesses. The candidate should demonstrate excellent technical capability, plus possess great interpersonal and communication skills.
Sheehan Nagle Hartray Architects, Ltd. in Chicago seeks a Designer 4 to prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for structures according to specifications provided by the client. Responsible for finished plans, specifications, and approval of materials and construction. Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices in a broad array of assignments. Solve basic design/construction problems while receiving technical guidance on unusual or complex issues. Has primary responsibility for organization and preparation of the project documents and for the accuracy completeness and quality of the work contained in them. Works closely with supervisors, technical director and BIM director to develop workplans, prepare mock-up sets and generally organize and manage the preparation of the project documents.
Must have Master’s in Architecture, plus 5 years of experience in the job offered, draftsman, CAD operator, architectural technician, or related. Must have the following gained through education or experience:
(1) extensive working knowledge of 3D design software such as Revit, Rhino, 3DS Max, Vray, and Grasshopper as well as the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign);
(2) superior design skills related to the design of large and complex buildings, including mixed-use, educational, commercial, and/or mission critical facilities;
(3) working knowledge of US based codes, such as the current International Building Code, and
(4) standards related to accessibility and sustainability such as ADA, LEED, etc. and International project experience.
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.